Gnesen Township currently has an opening for a Zoning Officer. If you are interested in this position, please contact the Town Clerk, Lottie Haller, at 721-3158 or write to her at: Town of Gnesen, 4011 W. Pioneer Rd, Duluth, Mn 55803. You may also email her at Lottie@gnesen.org. The Clerk will mail or email you an Employment Application which needs to be returned to the Town Clerk by February 11, 2019. The Town Board will review the applications at their February 11, 2019 Town Board Meeting and set a date to interview interested candidates. Wage is based on previous experience and is determined by the Town Board.
Duties of the Zoning Officer include:
- Determine that all zoning permits comply with the terms of the zoning ordinance.
- Conduct inspections of buildings and use of land to determine compliance with the terms of the zoning ordinance.
- Initiate, in the name of the Town of Gnesen, any appropriate actions or proceedings against a violator of this ordinance as provided by law.
- Interpret and administrate this ordinance subject to appeals to the Board of Adjustment.
- Attend Planning Commission meetings which are held the third Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm.
- Attend Town Board meetings, when necessary, which are held the second and fourth Mondays of every month at 8:00 pm.
- Work with the Planning Commission to amend the zoning ordinance, when necessary.
Lottie Haller, Clerk
Town of Gnesen